Monday, April 8, 2013

my weekend : a review

Saturday I had to work my day job in the afternoon and then I rode my bike across town to a friends house. I didn't get home until about 9:45 PM.  Before I went to work in the morning I finished the final draft of an article I wrote for SGL BookLovers Magazine. Yes, I wrote an article for them! About a week and a half ago I asked them if they except article submissions and they said yes. I was so excited! He said they have to be writing related of course. So, I wrote an article entitled The World Within, which I'm sending today. It's article number one of a three part series on writing and spirituality. If they like it, it should appear in the summer issue. And I intend to crank out article after article from now on!
    On Sunday I wrote from 9:00AM to 6:00PM. I got five and a half pages done. So, for my first week of resuming work on my sequel I got a total of fourteen and half pages done. That's eighty-five and a half pages away from my goal for this month. Still, I'm not going to discount myself. Discount myself? Does that sound right? It makes me sound like I'm for sale in some bargain basement, and why I gotta be in the basement! Nonetheless, I'm still not going to ''discount'' myself. I'm going to keep my focus on writing 100 pages this month.
    One thing I can say is that the story is flowing nicely. The cohesiveness is there. Today, I confess, I did not get any writing done. I'm not worried though. Don't get me wrong, I do think it's important to write everyday but I'm not going to freak out if I miss a day or two a month. I have also found that if I miss a day the words pour out of me like crazy. It's a bit like painting a wall and then letting the paint dry before you put on another coat. Not writing one day might mean my work needs to settle-in, or it might mean I'm just being lazy!

No comments:

Post a Comment