Tuesday, April 9, 2013

music to my earplugs

Some days I sit down to post here and I have no, or next to no, idea what I'm going to say. This is one of those times. Well lets see, since this blog is about my journey to finish writing my trilogy how about I talk about what happened today with that!
    I sat down, or really laid down because I write on the floor, to write and wouldn't you know that shortly thereafter my next door neighbors decide they want to share their lovely music with the whole neighborhood. Wasn't that nice of them? And I guess they were so eager to share their music that they wanted to make sure my window panes rattled so I wouldn't miss a beat! I was so grateful to them that I tried using earplugs but even they didn't work. So, I struggled to write for nearly two hours and almost got two whole pages done, they had enhanced my concentration that much. It got to the point where I decided to just have lunch, watch some Dark Shadows, with headphones, and then take a nap. I don't live in a ghetto but my next door neighbors must have been homesick today!
    On a louder, I mean on a lighter note, I saw my co-worker/sound engineer at work yesterday and he said he added some acoustic guitar to the book trailer we're making together. He said he added it to the part where I'm reading chapter one. At first I was uncomfortable with the idea, but then I thought about it and agreed to hear what it sounds like before I make a decision about it. There are three parts to the trailer: the introduction/summery, the part where I read chapter one and the conclusion. As I said in an earlier post, the music we did last week for the intro and the conclusion is African drum influenced with a driving kick drum. When I think of acoustic guitar I think of folk music and I can't imagine it sounding right or working with this trailer. On the other hand, creativity should be organic and allowed to flow on it's own. Maybe the aethers has a good idea I hadn't thought about. So, I'm going to wait and see what develops.

No comments:

Post a Comment