Saturday, April 20, 2013

got milk ?

Last night I was a lazy cow! All I did was lay in bed, watch Dark Shadows and The Flintstones and graze! I felt guilty for not writing but I couldn't help myself. It wasn't a matter of writer's block. It was a matter of salt block, which is what I might as well have been licking as I laid there brushing flies off my back with my tail. But maybe I'm being too hard on myself. I did get that second article for SGL BookLovers finished, typed and sent yesterday and this morning I got three pages written on my sequel.
    When I said I'm not having writer's block I was serious, though. The story has been pouring out of me lately. It's funny how when I'm struggling with laziness the words are easy to come by but when I'm ready and eager to write finding the words, to put on paper, is like playing hide-n-seek with myself!
    As I said, this morning I wrote three pages. I started at 5:25AM and stopped at 8:00AM. On average it takes me about an hour a page but when the words are flowing easily I tend to get more pages done in less time. So far this week I've written nine pages, which is down from this time last week but at least it's something. I still have this evening to do more when I get off my day job. Whether I choose to write or to graze remains to be seen.

No comments:

Post a Comment