Wednesday, April 3, 2013

music to my ears

Yesterday I went over to my sound engineer's house to do the music for the book trailer. I was there for three hours and we got alot done. We created African sounding drum beats using toms and snare with a hard driving kick drum. Then we recorded it and laid it over my voice narratives.
     I heard the voice narrative I recorded, before I went to Wisconsin, in full for the first time. I usually don't like to hear the sound of my own voice but I like it with this. On the other hand, there's alot you can do to manipulate sound and we did! Recording technology these days is pretty remarkable. He had edited my flubbed words and stops and starts while I was away and it sounds good. You can't even tell I screwed up all over the place. Now he only has to do the video part, which is not much, and it's on YouTube!
    I only wrote 3/4 of a page yesterday! But it's all good. I'm going to make sure I write everyday no matter what! I couldn't sleep last night so I wrote a couple pages very early this morning at 3:00AM to 5:00AM. Then I laid down and had to get up at 8:00AM to be at my day job. I just got off and that sleep I missed last night is catching up to me. So, I'm going home and crash when I finish this post. I'll get some more writing done later.
   

No comments:

Post a Comment