Wednesday, March 27, 2013

the rock-n-roll city !

My two week vacation in Wisconsin is over and I'm back home in Cleveland. I left a day later than planned because I mixed-up my return schedule. I had to take a different bus line to Milwaukee to update my greyhound ticket, for a fee, then take the greyhound to Chicago A.K.A Chiraq  for a two hour layover before heading home to the rock-n-roll city! It was a bit of a costly, fifteen hour ordeal but I have nobody to blame but my self. So, I guess it is what it is. I love to visit other places but I am what you would call a proud Clevelander.
    Since I finished re-reading my sequel draft last week I must confess that I have not done anything with my fiction since. I have not even really ''spoken'' to my characters. But as I get settled in I'm having conversations with Kumi about where to take his story from where I left off. In the draft I stopped mid-sentence at the end of longhand page 181, typed page 90. So, unless I intend to publish a handwritten sequel I need some serious consultations with my characters because 90 pages does not a novel make and, quite frankly, I don't know what to write next!
    If when I sit down to write again nothing comes out I will just do something else like study my Blogging for Dummies or my blog itself. There's nothing like hands on training. Or, I can get on my bicycle and salivate at all the sweet male treats on the Cleveland streets! No, I'm liable to lose control and crash into a tree something. Trust me, It has happened before. The eye candy here is that dangerous! Anyhow, the point is that I must remain focused on the project and not the prospects.

No comments:

Post a Comment