Friday, May 31, 2013

a busy uranian in june

May was an interesting month for me. I had determined to have no ''lazy days'', days when I don't write, this month but I ended up having even more! I had fourteen of these days in May and that's up from last month's seven. I'm not beating myself up about it though because I know why it happened. I picked-up a lot of extra shifts on my day job and when I got home I was too exhausted to do anything. So, it's not like I wasn't being productive. My co-workers kept calling off because they were sick or had an accident or because they didn't want to work with such and such. I was working forty hour weeks and I normally only work half that! Still, I got twenty-five new pages written this month, which takes me up to eighty-one since I resumed writing in April. For June I'm setting a goal to write twenty-nine pages, which will give me an even one-hundred and ten new pages written.
    I also finished and sent the last article in my three part series on writing and spirituality to SGL BookLovers magazine. The articles will appear in the magazine's print and online issues and on SGL social media pages. The editor had to light a fire under my feet, and give me a deadline, to finish the last part. I needed the push and it worked! My SGL article goal for June is to write one new article. I'm shelving the series stuff, at least for now.
    This blog has been moving ahead, too. I made my goal to post five days a week and I intend to continue that in June, although it is challenging at times.
 The book trailer? I'll just say it's still in gestation. I can't even talk about it right now, it's too distressing. All I can do is stay positive and believe it will be done and posted on YouTube sometime in June.
    One of my new goals for June is to launch a facebook fan page. A friend of mine offered to help me set one up. I also intend to set up an Amazon.com author page and a Goodreads.com author profile page in June. So, once again I have my work cut out for me. Nonetheless, I must do everything I can to meet these goals. I'll be a busy little Uranian next month!

No comments:

Post a Comment