Tuesday, May 21, 2013

method writing is pepsi

I just wrote and sent the third installment of my three part article series on writing and spirituality. It was challenging to write but I think it turned out good. I called it My Characters, My Friends. It's about my idea that my characters are my friends and how I treat them like I would any human being in the flesh, talking to them, confiding in them, etc. SGL BookLovers gave me a deadline of this Wednesday, so I had to get off my butt and get it done.
    I decided not to write that ''method writing'' article I was going to write because it didn't feel honest or true to myself as a writer. Method acting is an acting technique where the actor recalls emotions and reactions from his or her own life and uses them to identify with the character they're playing. I was going to suggest that writers can somehow do the same thing, but just how this was so I couldn't figure out! It hit me that I should just write about something I know and not some theoretical idea that I myself don't even use. I actually do talk to my characters as if they were flesh and blood human-beings, so I wrote about that and it came out good. So, my ''method writing'' idea is Pepsi[is ded].
    The DVD my recording engineer gave me of the book trailer didn't work in my DVD player, again. He called me last night to see if I watched it yet and I told him it didn't work. So, we made arrangements to get together at his place and play it on his system. So, this is my mundane existence. At least some progress is being made.
    

No comments:

Post a Comment