Sunday, August 31, 2014

91.1 FM WRUW

I have some really good news! I'm going to be doing my first radio interview for Rainbow Plantation Blues! It will be on 91.1 FM WRUW, which is Case Western Reserve Universities radio station. The interview will be on Tuesday September 16th 2014 at 9 PM. I'm not sure of the shows name but it's a show that discusses issues/themes of social justice and equality and the host is a young women named Sarah Robinson.
    I got the gig quite by chance[if there is such a thing]. I was at work and Sarah and her partner came into the shop to get subs. I had seen her in there before but I never talked to her at length about anything. But for some reason this time we started talking about veganism. I told her that I am a fruitarian[although lately I have been a bad ''fruity'' because I've been eating veggies, too]. As far as my being Gay is concerned I'm never a bad fruity and I'm always ripe and ready! Okay, that was a bad joke But I don't care I'm leaving it anyhow. Anyway, Sarah and her partner had just come from some women's party associated with the Gay Games and they started telling me about it. At first I didn't know that they were a couple, or even Lesbians for that matter, But them telling me about the party told it all. In light of that information, I got the bright idea to tell them about my novel. Then Sarah said ''Oh, you've written a book? I could interview you on my radio show!'' Then I said ''Oh, you have a radio show...?'' And the rest is history, or should I say the rest is ''historical fiction!'' Boy, I'm just full of bad jokes today aren't I? Well, I don't care. I'm leaving that one, too!
   The funny thing about this is that about a year and a half ago I had been trying to contact radio shows to see if I could get a few of them to interview me about the book[ and Case radio had been one of those stations] but I got nowhere, or did I? That's why I said earlier that maybe this interview is not just some ''by chance'' thing. Natural law[ or some people might call it God] works in mysterious ways. The thought of a radio interview was the farthest thing from my mind when I was talking to Sarah and her partner.
    So, I met Sarah last week at a local smoothie shop to give her an author copy of the book so she could read it and look it over before the interview. Like I said at the beginning of this post, this radio interview will be my first but I'm certain it will not be my last!

No comments:

Post a Comment